Wednesday 16 October 2013

Development Heck

Not "Hell", you'll notice. It's not that bad.

I am, however, in on, if not the ground floor, the mezzanine of an animation show in a development process that's decidedly hiccuppy. What astounds me is how averse people are to debating things. They seem to regard disagreement not as the start of a conversation but as a cataclysmic confrontation that must be avoided at all costs.

Thus far, this has resulted in the development schedule being completely suspended once and the Exec Producer declaring that he'd rather have nothing to do with it. As of this moment we're back on track and ideating cheerfully away, but you can't help but wonder when the next  difference of opinion will bring about production Armageddon.

I'll feel more sanguine about this when I get an actual contract... I get very nervous about this smile-and-a-handshake climate that pervades showbiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment